By: Krystle Crossman
Field trips during elementary school are extremely important for a child’s development and are a great way for them to do some hands-on learning. Here are some ideas for fun and informative field trips for young kids.
1. Recycling Center: Recycling is an important part to the care of our environment. If we teach children early on how to recycle, they can grow up with those values and help to clean our planet up little by little. Going to a recycling center will show them all of the neat things that can be done with those old soda bottles and newspapers.
2. Planetarium: So many children love going to the planetarium. Space and astronauts are very exciting for young children. It is a great way to introduce them to learning all about our solar system and the advances we have made in space travel.
3. Fire Station: What kid wouldn’t love climbing into a fire truck or putting on the gear just like a real firefighter? This is a great opportunity for children to learn about fire safety and to see some real heroes in action.
4. Factories: Taking the kids to a candy, toy, or soda factory is a great way to show them how things are made. They can see how products that they use every day end up on the shelves at the grocery store.
5. Aquarium: Fish, penguins, sharks, and turtles will keep kids entertained for hours. It is a great chance for them to see some of nature’s most amazing creatures that they may not get to experience up close and personally otherwise.
6. Zoo: Almost all kids love the zoo. Seeing animals that come from far away and learning about their native lands and habits is an excellent and fun learning experience for any child.
7. Police Station: The kids can learn about crime prevention, safety, and what to do if there is an emergency at home.
8. Sporting Events: There are few things as exciting as a live sporting event such as a baseball or hockey game. The children are exposed to a feeling of teamwork and dedication. Plus they get to scream loudly which is always a plus for kids!