By: Krystle Crossman
Your home is a place where you should always want to be. You should feel relaxed and happy while you are there. This is especially important for parents who home-school as they spend a lot more time at home as do their children. Here are ten ways that you can bring a little more peace and happiness into the house according to writer Lisa Jacobson:
1. Give what you have generously. Give your family the attention and respect that they deserve and give it as much as you can. They will thank you and will return the favor.
2. Pray as much as you can. It will help you to relax and take your mind off of whatever is stressing you out and can also help you to figure out problems that you are having a tough time figuring out for yourself.
3. Speak kindly to everyone. Simple things like this can really bring peace to everyone.
4. Love as genuinely as possible. Love is one of the strongest emotions that we are capable of having. Show those around you that you truly love them. You will be rewarded with the feeling that you get when they do the same for you.
5. Laugh a lot. Joke around, play, have fun with your family. Laughter is the best medicine as not only does it lighten your mood but also lightens the mood of others around you.
6. Cheer as loud as you can. Your family needs support sometimes and when they do they will be happy to know that you are there cheering them on.
7. Hug all of the time. People love hugs. There is nothing more calming than a warm embrace from someone you love.
8. Get together as much as you can. Family meal times are very important to stay connected.
9. Forgive easily. There is no sense in holding on to a grudge and creating more tension than there needs to be.
10. Work happily. There is always going to be work that needs to be done at home but instead of complaining about it, do it with a smile on your face.