By: Krystle Crossman
According to data collected, home-school families are still typically the mother staying at home to teach the children while the father goes to work. This can be a roadblock for many families who would like to home-school but cannot afford to live off of only one income. Many mothers who feel that home-schooling is their best option venture out to become entrepreneurs and make money right from their own homes. This is a win-win for all involved as the mothers still get to work, the family still has two incomes, and the children get to be home-schooled. Here are some of the ways that mothers make their incomes from home:
1. Auction sites: Ebay, Etsy, and other popular auction style sites are great for mothers who either have a bunch of old stuff to get rid of or like to bargain hunt and resell. Etsy is a great site for crafty mothers who love to make things and sell them.
2. Work from Home positions: There are many companies out there that offer straight work from home positions such as virtual assistants, document preparation, transcription, and test scorers. These can be done from the comfort of your home and can pay well if you find the right company.
3. Couponing: While this isn’t necessarily bringing in income it saves a lot of money when shopping which adds to the money for the family’s budget.
4. Home businesses: There are a lot of different businesses that you can run from your home such as music lessons, babysitting/daycare, tax preparation, and selling products that you create.
5. Blogging: When you write for a blog there are ads on the site that generate revenue when people view the page. There are many woman out there who write articles for multiple blogs and get paid for it.
6. Survey and secret shopping: These are not the most lucrative for salaries but they can be fun. Secret shopping allows you to get paid for things that you already do. They may send you to a restaurant to eat a meal and evaluate the service and the atmosphere of the restaurant. They will reimburse you for the cost of the meal plus they will pay you a fee on top of that.
7. Online rewards: Sites like SwagBucks let you earn points for shopping online. If this is something that you do regularly you can earn the points on the site and trade them in for things life gift cards, merchandise, or even money right into your Paypal account!
8. Tutoring: If you don’t mind teaching extra children you can run a tutoring service out of your house or teach home-school classes.