Photo credits: Fox 5 News (Atlanta)
An adult employee at a high school in Atlanta, Georgia is in hot water after it was discovered that underage students were served brownies laced with marijuana, which were brought to school by the adult employee.
According to Fox 5 Atlanta, administrators at South Atlanta High School were notified after another employee and two students exhibited visible symptoms of being under the influence of narcotics.
All three of the apparently high individuals were taken to a local hospital where they were observed as a precautionary measure.
An official representing the city of Atlanta’s public school system (APS) told Fox 5 that the adult employee at South Atlanta High was subsequently removed from the building by APS police officers after the drug-laced brownies incident unfolded earlier this month.
The unnamed culprit will face additional disciplinary action after a full investigation is finalized. “APS has a clear code of conduct and enforces high ethical standards designed to protect the safety and well-being of our students,” said the APS administrator in an official statement.
Another local media outlet in Atlanta recently reported that the two students who ingested the marijuana-laced brownies actually got sick as a result. WSB-TV Channel 2, an ABC-affiliated local news media outlet in Atlanta also released a report in this incident at South Atlanta High School.
“Channel 2 Action News obtained a police report that described a disturbing scene inside the school. Investigators said two students ate brownies and became ‘lethargic,’ ‘dizzy,’ and ‘unaware of their surroundings,'” read the recent WSB-TV Channel 2 report.
Channel 2 Action News also reported that one of the affected students was a ninth-grade female who texted her father after eating the brownies and described herself as feeling “weird.” The girl’s father confirmed this in an exclusive interview with Channel 2 Action News.