By: Krystle Crossman
Today we will discuss the last set of reasons why doctors, lawyers, and professionals all over the country are choosing homeschooling over public school for their children. (You can read part one and part two as well).
13. The younger children in the family can learn from the older kids. They can sit and listen to the lessons that their older siblings are getting and can even try to do the worksheets that go along with the subject. Eventually this learning ability will pour over into other aspects of their lives.
14. You can save money. Yes, sometimes someone is going to have to stay home and teach the kids which means that you cannot have a job, however you will save money on so many other things such as gas since you do not have to commute back and forth to schools, you can save money on school lunches, and you don’t have to pay for daycare.
15. You have the ability to teach your kids practical life skills that they will actually use such as cooking, cleaning, and balancing finances. Often times they do not get that in public schools.
16. Despite the stereotypes home-school children actually socialize very well. They are less prone to bullying and teasing. There are co-ops where parents bring their home-school children to play together at a park or gym.
17. You get to sleep! Many children are not getting enough sleep because they have to wake up hours before school even starts to get ready, eat breakfast, and get to the bus stop. If you want to start school at 8 at home, you really only need to get up half an hour early instead of at 6am.
18. Finally one of the best parts of home-school is that you get to raise your children with your own values, not the values of those who work at the school or their classmates. You can teach them right and wrong in the way that you want to.
While homeschooling is not for everyone, there are so many kids and parents that can benefit from it but may be unsure of how to go about it. If you are interested in homeschooling your child, do some research. Talk to other parents in the area who home-school and find out why they like it so much. Compare the benefits to the benefits that you see in public schooling. Only you know what is right for your family and it is worth it to explore other avenues!